Thursday, May 15, 2014

(Continued)

The boys looked at her. "Yeah. We know how family works." Lily glared at them before asking, "Well, aren't you going to introduce yourselves?" she asked. "I'm Connor Davis. Muggleborn." the dark haired one said. Lily nodded. "Halfblood. And you?" She gestured towards the fair skinned one. "Harold. My mum is a witch and my dad is not." She nodded. "What year?" "Second." they said at the same time. "And I assume you are a first year?" Connor added. "Yes." A girl opened the door to the cart. "The carts are all full. Is there any room for me?" she asked, blushing vividly. Lily smiled and moved closer to Hugo so she could sit next to someone of her gender and someone she knew. "I'm Lily Potter. I am a first year and this is Hugo, Connor and Harold. They are second years." The girl beamed at her. "I am Deana Loche. It is my first year, too." She looked at the other boys. The train left. "I don't know if this is normal for you, but I despise being in a room where no one is talking." Deana said. Lily decided immediately that she liked this girl. "I agree." she added. "Well I don't." Hugo finally said. None of the boys had spoken since she entered the cart. "Ugh." Connor spoke. "If I knew all girls were like this I would have had my parents ship me off to Durmstrang. Harold hit him playfully. "You would miss me too much." They laughed. "Well I think all girls are different and apparently, the first two girls you have met are quite similar." Deana said. Lily laughed. The two boys looked at her, annoyed. "Is your father Harry Potter?" Deana asked. Lily nodded. "Well I have read everything he has been ever mentioned in, Even the Rita Skeeter newspapers that were burned. He wasn't like that, was he?" Lily looked at Deana, surprised. "Oh Lord no. That is precisely why they were burned." They all laughed this time. "Did you know that he is listed as one of the 'greatest wizards of all time'?" Harold added. Lily nodded. Hugo looked at all of them, amazed. "My uncle is a legend!!" Lily laughed. "And you just now realized that?"They laughed harder. Connor smiled. "I bet you are in the newspapers somewhere, 'Harry Potters First Daughter'." She smiled. "Yes but James being his first born was more popular." They laughed. "He's as popular as his namesake, you know. Kind of a jerk, too." She laughed. "Exactly like his namesake. You wouldnt be able to tell the difference. It would be paradoxal if he grew up to marry Rose." They laughed, still, quieting down a bit. For a while they all just stared and smiled at each other. Deana kept talking, but Lily didnt quite pay attention because she had a window seat and the view was amazing. Then the train stopped. Hagrid started calling of the first years. "See you too in the great hall, I suppose?" Connor said. They smiled and went in the boats with a different boy. "Hagrid, have you seen my cat, I suppose?" he asked before getting in slowly. "I'm afraid not."

No comments:

Post a Comment